The iconic British brand MG with an exciting history dating back to 1924 unveiled the MG ZS EV to UK dealers for the first time at Birmigham.
More than 130 dealer representatives attended MG Motor UK’s annual Dealer Conference and Dealer of the Year Awards, marking the start of an exciting and busy year.
Dealers were treated to the official unveiling of the New MG ZS EV, the iconic British brand’s first battery electric car which is set to launch in September 2019. They also heard about “Momentum & Growth”, MG’s mid-term sales plan which will drive the business to treble its sales volumes over the coming years. Significantly, MG also used the Dealer Conference to announce the launch of its aftersales customer retention programme, a key initiative to generate increased service profitability through the rapidly growing MG parc.
The highlight of the event was the gala dinner which included the 2018 Dealer of the Year Awards. More than 20 MG dealerships and their much-valued staff were recognised for their outstanding performance during 2018. Nathaniel Cars took the overall accolade for Dealer of the Year, while runners-up gongs went to Eric Stead, WH Brand and Apple MG.
Daniel Gregorious, Head of Sales & Marketing at MG, said:
After an incredible 2018, during which we doubled our sales volume, it was a huge privilege to recognise the dealerships and people who made it possible. This is a real team effort and we’re delighted that our dealers were able to join us in celebrating the sales growth that we achieved together. 2019 will be another exciting year for MG with exciting product launches on the horizon and the UK’s best value-for-money cars in our showrooms.
2018 Dealer of the Year Award Winners
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 – Nathaniel Cars (Cardiff & Bridgend)
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 Runners up – Eric Stead MG (Sheffield)
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 Runners up – WH Brand (near Spalding)
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 Runners up – Apple MG (Gravesend)
- MG Biggest Selling New Dealer 2018 – Norfolk Motor Group (Norwich)
- MG Fastest Growing New Dealer 2018 – Summit Garage (Dudley)
- MG Highest Achievement Versus Target 2018 – Chorley Group (Chorley)
- MG Best Selling GS Dealer 2018 – NT Shaw (Louth)
- MG Best Off-site Product Placement – Frasers of Falkirk
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Tony Johnson, Toomey (Basildon)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Cliff James, OC Davies (Neyland)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Craig Durrant, Norfolk Motor Group (Norwich)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Paul Carmedy, Fred Henderson (Durham)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Ray Pacasio, McMillan Motors (Greenock)
- MG Highest Accessories Sales Volume of a New Dealer 2018 – Norfolk Motor Group (Norwich)
- MG Highest Accessories Per Registration 2018 – Cambridge MG
- MG Highest Parts Purchases 2018 – Summit Garage (Dudley)
- MG Highest Parts Sales Growth 2018 – Arnold Clark (Rutherglen)
- MG Highest Training Days Completed 2018 – Brown and Gammons (Baldock)
- MG Most Trained Certified MG Technicians 2018 – Brandon MG
- MG Customer Care 2018 – WH Brand (near Spalding)
- MG Technical Management 2018 – Nathaniel Cars (Cardiff & Bridgend)
- MG Service Manager of the Year 2018 – Paul Carr, Eric Stead (Sheffield)
MG is the iconic British brand with an exciting history dating back to 1924. It has an exciting future too! Backed by SAIC Motor, one of the world’s biggest automotive companies, MG Motor UK is developing quickly and in 2018 it became the fastest growing car manufacturer in the UK with sales increasing by 104% versus the previous year. Designed and engineered in Longbridge, Birmingham, MG’s range sits right in the heart of the market with one hatchback and two SUVs on offer.
MG’s hatchback is New MG3, an exceptionally affordable and spacious B segment car with prices starting from just £9,495 OTR and featuring MG’s 7-year/80,000 miles manufacturer warranty.
Next comes the MG ZS compact SUV, a stylish and versatile car that represents outstanding value for money, starting at just £12,495 OTR. Available with either manual or automatic transmission, it also comes with a 7-year/80,000-mile manufacturer warranty as standard.
Finally, the MG GS is MG’s mid-sized SUV and starts at just £15,095 OTR. It’s a fun family car with bags of space, a 1.5 turbo petrol engine and the option of manual or 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT).
During 2018 MG made great progress with the development of its nationwide network of franchised dealers. By adding 18 dealers during the year, MG starts 2019 with 82 dealer partners and an ambition to reach 120 by the end of 2020, providing full national coverage and bringing MG’s value-for-money cars ever closer to the British public.